Ministry of Justice
The Ministry of Justice is responsible for public safety, the independent prosecution of criminal matters, and providing legal services to government.
The ministry does not give legal advice, or represent individuals or groups outside government, and does not pay directly for individuals or groups to have legal representation.
Visit JusticeBC for information on criminal law, family law and justice reform in British Columbia. It brings into one website more than 300 pages of information about British Columbia’s justice system, as well as links to other resources and services.
The websites below provide information about law and the legislative process.
Legislative Assembly of British Columbia
- Legislative Assembly Home Page
- Current Bills Before the House
- Debates of the Legislative Assembly (Hansard)
- Discover Your Legislature
- The Legislative Process
Laws of British Columbia
Judiciary of British Columbia
- British Columbia Court of Appeal
- Supreme Court of British Columbia
- Provincial Court of British Columbia