Ministry of Justice

Family Justice Counsellors

Families experiencing separation and divorce usually need to work out formal family agreements. Mediation can be helpful for you to maintain a working relationship with your former spouse.

Family mediation services are provided at the centre for free for people of modest means. Trained mediators (called family justice counsellors) can help you reach an agreement, formalize that agreement or help you get or change a court order for guardianship, parenting arrangements (including parental responsibilities and parenting time), contact and support.

For further information about family justice counsellors, visit JusticeBC.